|2023||18thto 27th February 2023|
|2024||To be announced|
Taj Mahotsav, 10-day long festival, in the city of love Agra, is one of the most popular festivals in India, which people from every nook and corner of the country eagerly wait for every year. Celebrated every year in the months of February/March at Shilpgram near the Eastern gate of “Taj Mahal”, Taj Mahotsav is a grand carnival to promote art, craft, culture, dance, music & cuisine of the country. This is organized by the Taj Mahotsav Committee and UP Tourism for a period of 10 days, with a mission to promote the craftsmen and skilled artisans of India and to promote Tourism overall.
Taj Mahotsave started in the year 1992. In each passing year, Taj Mahotsav has become more and more bigger and grander, attracting people not only from India but also from abroad. The world heritage monument, the seventh wonder of the world, the Taj Mahal is the top tourist attraction of the country. Agra is one of the most popular tourist destinations of India. The vibrant Taj Festival or Taj Mahotsav is an extravagant fair where lakhs of people from India attend which make Taj Mahotsav as the best festival tours of India. Not only India, we also see lakhs of foreign tourists visiting the Taj during the festival time
Taj Mahotsav 2023 dates are from 18th February to 27th February 2023. Book your Taj Mahotsav 2023 tour now with the best inbound tour operator in India. It is a lifetime opportunity to witness India’s rich crafts, arts, culture and cuisine – all on a single platform.
Entry ticket to Taj Mahal is the entry ticket to Taj Mahotsav as well. There are no separate tickets required to attend the cultural programs. For foreign tourists and children below 5 years, there is no requirement for any entry ticket.
This annual festival Taj Mahotsav is celebrated with a theme. Each year a theme is chosen and the festival is celebrated keeping in mind the theme. Taj Mahotsav 2022 theme was “Azadi ke Amrit Mahotsav ke sang, Taj Mahotsav ke rang.” Taj Mahotsav 2023 theme is yet to be announced by UP tourism department.
Highlights of Taj Mahotsav
Taj Mohotsav is celebrated to create harmony between different states. It provides an opportunity for Indian artisans to display their skills, exhibit their products and sell them. It opens up business avenues for artisans and craftsmen who come from different states across the country. Some of the highlights of this festival are as follows:
- Mughal era procession: On the first day of the festival, a grand inauguration takes place with a ceremonial procession in which folk artists, artisans, skilled craftsmen participate along with drum beaters, and beautifully decked up elephants and camels. This procession has a historical element as it is a replica of Mughal era, similar to the procession taken out during the time of the Mughals. This is a very spectacular event that is not to be missed at all.
- Arts and Crafts: The fair ground is converted into a platform for displaying a huge range of Indian arts and crafts. Large number of state-specific stalls are set up. This becomes an artist galore and visitors enjoy a shopping spree. Some of the noteworthy crafts that attract the tourists are brass and other metal ware, blue pottery, Chikan work, Kantha work, handmade carpets, silk weaves, shawls, wood/stone carvings, bamboo/cane and many more such specialities from different states of India.
- Cultural performances: Spectacular music, dance, songs and other entertainment performances by local and popular Indian artists keep you enthralled. Throughout the Mahotsav, the tourists get to experience the richness of Indian folk, classical music, and dances.
- Food festival: Food festival at Taj Mahal Mahotsav of Agra is another major attraction. The festival provides you an opportunity to try the traditional delicacies of various states of India, including the interiors of Uttar Pradesh. Such food varieties display the unique flavours and taste of India.
- Entertainment: To make the festival more entertaining and fun, several fun activities, magic shows, puppet shows, merry go round, train rides, giant wheels are arranged for the children.
Have a glimpse of Mini India during the Taj Mahotsav. The aura of the Taj Festival is such that it attracts people of all age group. A festival to promote Indian culture, art and music, and food, a festival of various cultural ethos, a festival to promote tourism – Taj Mahotsav is one such fair festival in India that should not be missed at all. You can book your Taj Tour 2023 well in advance to avoid the last-minute rush. The best tour operator in India can guide you on the same. It is indeed worthwhile to attend Taj Mahotsav to celebrate India’s diversity in arts and culture and crafts, and be proud of India’s rich heritage.