International Yoga Festival
|2023||March 1- 7 2023|
|2024||To be announced|
Celebrated on a grand scale at Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh on the banks of River Ganga, the International Yoga Festival is a long-awaited festival for many people for a peaceful and healthy life the year ahead. Organized and managed by the Uttarkhand tourism department in association with Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board, the International Yoga Festival is not meant only for travel enthusiasts but also for health, fitness and yoga enthusiasts. The International Yoga Festival is celebrated usually in the months of March when the chilly winters end and the warm sunny days approach. Rishikesh is thronged with people from all over the world to participate in this beautiful festival that encourages the holistic science of health and wellness. The International Yoga Festival 2023 dates are between 1st and 7th March 2023. Discover the benefits of Yoga in your upcoming International Yoga Festival Tour.
The festival is a wonderful amalgamation of reputed yoga practitioners and experts and travellers from all across India and abroad. The International Yoga Festival is one of the best festival tours in Uttarakhand, India.
History behind International Yoga Festival
The basic objective of the International Yoga Festival is to celebrate the ancient Indian science of Health & Wellness, that is YOGA. The first International Yoga Festival was held in the year 1999 under the ample guidance of Yoga Guru Ramdev. He laid down the minute rules and techniques of practicing yoga with proper postures and breathing techniques so as to maintain a proper balance of body, mind and soul. Ever since 1999, the festival is held every year, and in each passing year, the festival has become all the more grandeur and popular. Thousands of people from all across the glove make a tour to Rishikesh for an exciting rejuvenating holiday on the banks of River Ganga.
International Yoga Festival’s Highlights
There is no denying the fact the Yoga has changed our lives in a holistic manner. The International Yoga Festival provides a perfect way of introducing Yoga in one’s life. The week- long celebrations not only detoxify and purify your body but also your mind and soul. This is one-of-a-kind festival where primary focus is given on your health, where you can rejuvenate yourself and you come back home happy, relaxed and stress free. With the growing popularity of this festival in each year, it is time to book your tour to Uttarakhand, Rishikesh for an exciting International Yoga Festival 2023.
Themes of Yoga
Each day of the International Yoga Festival 2023 has a theme to celebrate with. For example:
- Traditional Yoga: The first two days is celebrated as Traditional Yoga where visitors would be learning traditional yoga techniques taught by Yogacharyas, the experts endowed with extreme mindfulness insight.
- Contemporary Yoga: Contemporary yoga is the second theme reserved for the third and the fourth day of the International Yoga Festival. Here, the visitors can get to learn the techniques of contemporary or modern Yoga, a modified version meant for those who can’t indulge much in traditional yoga asanas.
- Celebrating Shakti – The Power of Creation: This is the third theme, celebrated on the fourth fifth and sixth days of the festival. Under this theme, a reputed male and female yoga teacher will enlighten the visitors’ knowledge and answer their queries.
- Therapeutic Yoga: The last day’s theme of the International Yoga Festival is referred as the Therapeutic Yoga there where the visitors can get in-depth learnings of different applications of yoga postures. Therapeutic Yoga highly benefits the overall well-being of the person in terms of emotional, psychological, and spiritual enlightenment.
- 70 hours of yoga training classes under the ample guidance of experienced yoga experts. The masters of International and National Yoga schools and multiple yoga styles are present at the International Yoga Festival to take yoga and meditation classes in an effective way.
- You get to learn the proper way of practicing various yoga postures and breathing techniques.
- Get to know in-depth multiple styles of Yoga like as Iyengar Yoga, Power Vinyasa Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Kriya Yoga and many more, including some of the very ancient techniques.
- Satsang, bhajan, and spiritual preaching by spiritual gurus create an ambience of peace and serenity all around. You enjoy a peace of mind which is otherwise not possible in our day-to-day lives.
- There are special evening programs of cultural song and dance performances, campfires, etc.
- Pure, veg Satvik food is served for an overall detoxification of the body
- Good and comfortable lodging with like-minded people amidst the beautiful landscape and riverside gardens at the ashram
About Paramartha Niketan – The venue for International Yoga Festival
Visiting Paramartha Niketan is itself a spiritual journey. This is an ashram located in Rishikesh, amidst the lush greenery on the banks of River Ganga, at the backdrop of the Himalayas. The organic food, comfortable rooms with an ambience of peace and serenity, along with yoga and meditation, the International Yoga Festival at Paramartha Niketan Ashram has its own unique charm. It is the spirituality and enthusiasm of the people around during the festival time which makes the visit to this ashram all the more worthwhile. Today, it is considered as one of the best Yoga Ashrams in modern India. Book your International Yoga Festival Tour at the earliest with the best inbound tour operator in India.
A beautiful place in the state of Uttarakhand, Rishikesh is one of the most popular religious destination tours of India. Just near the Yoga camp, Rishikesh as a place opens up a whole lot of tourist spots to explore and enjoy during the International Yoga Festival. The evening divine Ganga Arti at Triveni Ghat, the various temples and ashrams nearby, other sight-seeing spots like Laxman Jhula make the International Yoga Festival Trip all the more enjoyable and memorable. How about indulging in adventure activities like white water rafting, kayaking, bungee jumping, trekking etc? Rishikesh is also one of India’s best-known destinations for adventure activities.
A festival that is not to be missed at all
The International Yoga Festival is one of the largest events of its kind which provides an unparalleled experience in one’s lifetime. It is considered as one of the best festival tours in India. International yoga festival 2023 is all geared up to make you experience the divine connection with yoga to rejuvenate your body, mind and soul. Tourists seeking an overall health improvement, stress free life and overall mental peace should not miss out the International yoga festival for 2023. Away from the hustle and bustle of city life, you enjoy 7 days of complete relaxation that focus on health, spirituality, meditation, and most important of all, Yoga.
Want to join this festival?