Hoysala Mahotsava, Karnataka
|2023||To be announced|
|2024||To be announced|
Hoysala Mahotsava, an incredible festival, that celebrates India’s rich culture and heritage at Hoysala temples of Belur and Halebid in Karnataka. The Hoysala Festival is a clear depiction of how rich our culture is, set against the backdrop of the magnificent Hoysala Temples of Karnataka. The festival is a spectacular traditional festival of art, dance, and music. People of Karnataka wait eagerly for this festival every year. Today, the popularity of this festival has spread in every nook and corner of the country. The temples are one of the most beautiful temples of India. The good news is that Hoysala Temples in Karnataka have been finalised as the country’s nomination for World Heritage List for 2022-2023. The beauty of these temples has made Hoysala Mahotsava all the more popular.
Thousands of people from all parts of India visit Karanata during the Hoysala Mahotsava time. Hoysala Mahotsava, Karnataka, India is one of the best-known traditional festivals of the country. This annual festival is celebrated on a grand scale in the month of March or April. Book your Hoysala Mahotsava, Karnataka Tour 2023 for an extraordinary experience that enrich the rich cultural heritage of our country. Hoysala Mahotsava 2023 dates are not yet announced.
The glorious architecture of the Hoysala temples of Halebidu and Belur is the main highlight of the Hoysala Festival. Belur and Halebid are two splendidly gorgeous heritage towns in Karnataka, and these two towns are the homes of many beautiful Hindu temples built by the king of the Hoysala dynasty. Locals come to offer prayers to these temples. The Belur Halebid temples were constructed in 1117 AD. The Hoysala festival started as a mark of celebrations of the military victory of Hoysala King in the year AD 1117. It was a festival to honour the King and to give tribute to the Hoysala dynasty. The wall carvings of the Hoysala temples at Belur and Halebid clearly depict the military genius and bravery of the King and the dynasty. These ancient temples are beautifully carved. The carvings on the stones and the incredible sculptures depicting the war scenes, battle field, and victory, illustrating gods are a sight to behold
Celebrations of the Hoysala Mahotsava, Karnataka
• India’s rich culture, architectural beauty combined with dance, music and art awaits you at the Hoysala Festival. The temples of Belur and Halebid in Karnataka are beautifully decked up for this festival with lights, lamps, flowers and other decorations.
• The magnificent setting of the festival amidst the temples looks just too awesome. During the festival time, it seems that the temples have come to life when all festivities are going around. The small hamlets in and around the temples are beautifully decorated.
• Architectural extravaganza of the Hoysala temples along with the celebrations make Hoysala Festival an alluring one by the tourists.
• Traditional dances, music and other art forms popular to the state are performed by the local artists. These days, there are cultural programs in which famous artists from other parts of India, too, join in.
• The visual beauty of the temples along with traditional and cultural dance forms from different parts of the country make the Hoysala festival celebrations very grand. Tourists have a gala time exploring the rich heritage of Karnataka amidst the gorgeous temples and traditional art forms. The overall ambience of Hoysala Mohotsav is just breathtaking, and it is a worthwhile experience to make a tour to Karnataka during the festival time.
• After the traditional dances and music performance, a huge feast is also organized in the temple.
The towns of Belur and Halebid are easily connected by air, road or railways, via Bangalore, Mangalore or Mysore. The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation provides bus tour services to the towns of Belur and Halebid.
Hoysala Mohotsav can be considered as one of the oldest festivals of Karnataka. It is an experience, truly one of its kind, that celebrates culture and heritage with a divine combination of music, dance, and art. The people of Karnataka take pride in the celebration of this festival, and in displaying their state’s magnificent architectural beauty to the tourists from India and abroad. It is a cultural festival celebrated in style. The Hoysala festival is one among the top festivals of Karnataka, and a Hoysala Mohatsav, Karnataka tour is your opportunity to be part of something very special.